Experienced, Professional Employment Law Representation
Employment law is a more expansive legal practice area than many people realize. It encompasses a wide variety of issues like pension plans, retirement, occupational safety and health regulations, affirmative action, discrimination in the workplace and sexual harassment. While employers are free to hire and fire, to assign work and to discipline employees, the law does not allow them to discriminate against people because of certain qualities, called “protected classifications.” These include race, age, sex, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, disability, pregnancy and sexual orientation (California Government Code Section 12940).
Albut Law, PC, offers skilled and experienced employment law representation to clients in San Diego and surrounding areas. If you need help with a legal issue as an employee or employer, attorney Christian J. Albut is ready to advise you.
Diverse Representation Across The Employment Law Spectrum
The firm represents clients in all types of employment contracts and disputes, including claims concerning:
- Workplace sexual harassment
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or the California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
- Retaliation and whistleblower claims
- Discrimination based on any protected class (race, national origin, age, veteran status, etc.)
- Wrongful termination
- Employment-related violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Violation of wage and hour laws
- Guidance regarding pensions and severance agreements
- Employment contracts
- Contract disputes